So how can we work towards our goals, whilst having this ongoing sense of fulfilment/ achievement?
1. Go back to your New Years Resolutions (or start afresh) and write them down, making sure you are using the PRESENT TENSE: write as though you have already achieved them, for example 'I speak conversational Spanish' or 'I run 30 minutes every day', whatever it might be.
2. Now take a good look at your list: which of these ten goals would give you the greatest satisfaction in the achieving of it?
3. Whatever that goal, give it its own sheet of paper and set a deadline, make a plan and take action: break it down into months (and into weeks) and do something every day that moves you toward your goal.
4. Write out the goal (s) that you make your focus in the present tense on card or coloured paper and display them in a space in your home. You can also use pictoral versions of your goal. Keep these somewhere visible.
5. Read your goal(s) aloud to yourself/ say them out loud every morning. Identify the step you will take today and prioritise this action.
6. Have you ever noticed the number of highly successful people that always wear the same outfit? Ever wondered why? Free up some mind space for your goal and the steps towards it, by being organised and disciplined; for example you could plan your week's evening meals at the weekend or plan your outfits for a week and make sure they are all ready.